Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cocktail Time #2: PB&J Martini

I love peanut butter. I eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. So a cocktail  named PB&J, I just had to try. I've never had hazelnut liquor. But hey, I LOVE Nutella. Simple recipe, just 3 ingredients: Raspberry vodka (Smirnoff), hazelnut liquor (Frangelico), and grape juice. And some raspberries for garnish.

I'm used to sweet & fruity cocktails. This one has a nutty flavor that at first sip wasn't too pleasant. But this drink grew on me sip after sip. I appreciated the delicious combination and savored the drink. It's not a chugging drink, it's meant to be enjoyed.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah the taste of this drink grew on me too... when I first sipped it I though it tasted like cough syrup. But then you appreciate the nutty flavor it has and the sweetness of the grape juice.

    The raspberries at the end were a sweet treat to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree, at first was a bit strange. But sure smelled like a PB&J sandwich. and hat a good taste. Yeah.. it had to grow on you. Interesting thing was that it had the same reaction as cough syrup with Codeine... 3 of the 4 who had the drink were napping 1/2 later.. what a bunch of light-weights! And YES.. I was one of the 3.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying it right now. It seems to taste better the more you drink it.. LOL. I think the PB&J smell with the grape juice taste really makes it feel like the sandwich. I'm a light weight too.. and I'm now sleepy!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete