Monday, January 18, 2010

Mini Chicken Pot Pies


This recipe was for really mini chicken pot pies, using demitasse cups. I don't own demitasse cups so I decided to use the same ramekins I made the souffle in. This recipe uses chicken in a can, so it kind of resembles tuna fish. The preparation of this dish was pretty straight forward. The hardest thing for me was working with the phyllo sheets and buttering them.

I'm not sure if my larger pot pies are different, but the recipe called for baking them for 25 minutes to get the top golden brown. I only baked mine for 11, it looked done to me.  I enjoyed the flavor of the chicken mixture although the consistency was a bit off. It was like the chicken was shredded, and I think the excess water from the chicken didn't make the pie as creamy as it could have been. If I were to make this again, I'd probably just use some pre-cooked Purdue chicken strips that I would cube.

2 comments:

  1. This dish had good flavor but the texture was really off. The chicken in a can was not tasty and fell apart to easily. And yes the pie "filling" could of been thicker.

    However, left over ingredients made a good tortellini soup.

    There I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm not sure I would say it was Good. Not Bad, but not good. I like the idea, but yes, ditch the shredded chicken, use perdue cuts. May replace the soup with Chicken Pot Pie soup.. LOL.

    But yes.. watching Scott play with and try to butter the filo do was Hilarious.. Note to self.. buy a pastry brush...

    ReplyDelete