Sunday, January 10, 2010

Diversion #1: Dark Chocolate Souffle


Not a recipe in the cookbook. Rus got me some ramekins, so i was thinking of what i could make in them. And I thought of a souffle. I've never had one and just know what I hear about them from the TV, that they deflate. I found this recipe. And gave it a shot.

I successfully separate eggs for the first time. Also i whipped egg whites for the first time into stiff peaks. I was ready to give up and have Rus take over, but I kept at it for over 10 minutes and was finally done.

The souffle had risen, but i forgot to take a picture and by the time i remembered, It had deflated. I have to say that this is really simple and delicious. I'd definitely make it again.

5 comments:

  1. W.W.S.L.D ? i bet sandra lee would probably just buy hostess cupcakes take them out of the plastic wrapper then top it off with marshmallow fluff.... there i said it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The souffle looks delish doll. I think you guys would enjoy these Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies:
    http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/baking/recipes/peanut_butter_surprise_cookies.html
    Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love peanut butter! I'll try this for my next Diversion Recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STICK TO THE BOOK !

    ReplyDelete